In celebration of National Aboriginal Day, the Can-SOLVE CKD Network and Diabetes Action Canada co-hosted a special webinar on June 29 focused on the historical context for Indigenous health in Canada and what it can teach us about engaging Indigenous individuals and communities.
Presenters Dr. Malcolm King and Dr. Jon McGavock discussed:
- Who are the Indigenous Peoples of Canada?
- How did we get to the health disparities that currently exist?
- What are Indigenous determinants of health?
- What are the ethical principles of engagement with Indigenous Peoples and communities?
- What impact will the Truth and Reconciliation Commission have on Indigenous health?
A complete recording of the presentation is now available: